Thursday, July 18, 2013

IT'S NOT GOODBYE, IT'S SEE YOU LATER

As I sit looking out of my window and  thinking about my departure back to the states tomorrow I have no choice but to feel a little sad. I look back at past six weeks of my life and smile at the good times I have had and the people I have met. The places I have seen. I have had an amazing experience in London Town with no regrets. London gave me freedom, something I have never truly had in my life before.  I have braved new heights while conquering old fears. The girl who almost always had a panic attack in crowds now knows how to appreciate them but also maneuver around them. The girl who was terrified of the subway but now she can get herself from East London to North London with no problem and a comfortable tube ride. The girl, who despised exploring things on her own, learned how to be alone in a city where anyone is willing to chat with you and give you a friendly smile. The girl who feared what this trip would clarify for her now embraces her future with no fear and all the possibilities.  As I think about saying goodbye tomorrow I realize it’s not goodbye, it is only see you later because London I will see you again, real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment